Monday, March 4, 2013

Chore Charts

Do your little one's have chores? Mine do!!

About 3-4 weeks ago, Ray started a 2nd job in the evenings. So basically, I'm on my own a lot and things were starting to get out of hand with the kids. I felt like I was doing EVERYTHING for EVERYONE! Let me tell you, that'll drain you faster than you think. I love my kids, my husband, my family and I love being the caretaker, but there is a point where you can't do it all or be everything for everyone.

So, I decided to get the kids in on the action. They're now 5 1/2 and 7 and plenty old enough to help out around the house (with age appropriate chores, of course!). So, today at work I created a new schedule for them, so they know what they're supposed to be doing and when. And also, they've got their very own chore charts now!



I thought I'd be met with hesitation and reluctance, but to my surprise they LOVED it!!

How crazy is it that my 5 1/2 year old WANTED to vacuum WITHOUT help!



No comments:

Post a Comment